006 - Here and there

I was looking through Style.com's New York Fashion Week must-haves, and here is just more proof (other than the outstanding Resort Collection 2011) of Christopher Kane's amazing talent.

Christopher Kane, Kate Origami folded brocade skirt

Not greatly fond of the print (then again, I've established I'm not a print-person - save those tropical prints that I need to get my hands on), but the structure is just amazing. Of course I shall repeat once more, check out his marvelous collection together with Donatella for Versus Spring RTW 2012.

However, the first piece you encounter when you view Style.com's shopping guide is this bombshell baby from Pierre Balmain:

Pierre Balmain, Bomber jacket

I haven't been religiously following Balmain's collections, but I had spare time today and I took a look at their Spring RTW 2012, and I was reading the overview and this popped out.

"It was Olivier Rousteing's big moment at Balmain. The young designer, having worked under Christophe Decarnin for two years, assumed the design reins at the house ...  Considering his tender age (he's just 25)..."

25. Olivier Rousteing is only 25 but now he's holding the reins as the head designer at Balmain. That is simply just an amazing feat (or an amazing stroke of luck). As I said, I haven't really been following Balmain so I can't comment on how he's beginning to change/interpret their style, but I particularly liked a few pieces:


photos from here

25. Still can't get over that number.



No comments:

Post a Comment