033 - Get your paints out


Decided to paint a little something today, prompted by my junior. Full scan on dA here, although the colors got ruined. Maybe I should've played with more colors... More details and WIP pictures under ze cut.


I think my junior actually wanted me to do a wedding dress, but I'd miss out on too much of the reds/pinks/browns in the original photo (of a plant) she showed me, so.

And I have to add, this is one of those "it looked much better in my head" moments.


Preliminiary sketching with pencil, then I used a brown color pencil (everytime I open that box of color pencils there's always some bug inside I swear) for somewhat more definite lines.

Versus original planned sketches (which imo looks much better.)

I paint with dried Sakura poster colors. I got them about 3 years back (compulsory for school), and they just dried up, so now I use them like watercolors. Look at the myriad of tones I got in my bottle of white 8D Comes in handy sometimes.


Process. Ooh, the roses look not bad here.

Side note, I'm bypassing individually posting Nippon!! x4 Parts 3 and 4, and going straight to the completed collection, hopefully by tomorrow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment