114 - One step shoe

 Product design meets fashion:  Perhaps the easiest DIY ever created.

Gaspard Tiné-Berès, a french product designer, created this Lasso Shoe, a one-step assembly shoe with a piece of cut felt and a string of lace (color to your picking!) A bit like an espadrille, just easier, greater unique factor, and way more minimalist. And while you may not be able to say that you hundred percent made these shoes (I mean, who really cares about that? The brain stops processing after it hears "I made these shoes...-"), as Gaspard claims:

“the act of self-assembling the slippers increases the sense of ownership[ and emotional connection with them and allows for personalization through the choices of laces used.”


Now you will love your shoe more than any of those $200 shoes you have bought, for (s)he is the shoe you have laced.

"To be sure, an ordinary passerby would think that my rose looked just like you--the rose that belongs to me. But in herself alone she is more important than all the hundreds of you other roses: because it is she that I have watered; ... Because she is my rose. " - The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

No comments:

Post a Comment