124 - Emulating Fall: Oriental


Recently, I've set up a tripod in my room so on certain days I wouldn't have to bother my brother, or anyone else for that matter, for a photograph. Of course, when one takes their own photo at 6 in the morning, facial muscles are bound to be in atrophy. On the subject matter of racial harmony day and ethnic dressing, this was as far as I could bring myself to go. Chinese top meets Irish brogues. 


Globalization big bang bong, all that West meets East nonsense, we see a good, respectable amount on the Fall runways. From the left, it couldn't get more obvious with the hats at Jason Wu; Proenza Schouler making traditional-modern clothes more than desirable - covet-able - with the metallic sheens and bird embroideries and what not; Rag & Bone; and personal favorite Dries Van Noten rocking it in shades of neon and uneven paneled eastern prints. 

A trip to Shanghai Tang would probably prove more fruitful than digging through your mother's closet though. Subjective. 

Mother's top worn as outer; Giordano plain tee; Uniqlo bermudas; Zara bluchers; Flea bag

No comments:

Post a Comment