142 - Get your shine on


Fashionspace, is like polyvore, except you earn money from it. (Polywhores you know where to go now). Of course it's that and more though. I'm dedicating Mondays, let's see how long this lasts, to lookbook mondays (or maybe tuesdays) on fashionspace. Even during my brief romantic fling with Polyvore, I figured I wasn't cut out for working on the ridiculous canvas. Removing white backgrounds has always been much easier with photoshop. So, I offered the only original content I could - illustrations. I reckon I'll be taking the same approach with fashionspace.

Spent an hour scouring through net-a-porter - I originally wanted to work with this paneled blazer from The Row, until I saw this gorilla baby by Versus. Then for some old school disco brocade fun, sequined pants by Derek Lam; signature Marni look crystal and resin necklace; and just for kicks, Christian Louboutin crystal-heel satin sandals. Going at $2000, those are expensive kicks indeed.

View my look here. Cheerios, gorillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment