161 - Red to Black


I don't think I have ever shared my Euterpe (don't be shy, click on it to see better! or better, visit my deviantart) Spring collection here yet, since I started this blog only in February. One legged pants, one sleeved outers, and copious amounts of color and sheer fabric. I would say it's one of my favorite collections to-date, although some things are a bit iffy. But admit it, an elephant-head swimsuit cape combo? Batman is passé, my friends. 

I only got to the subject of Euterpe - named after the song in Guilty Crown (anime, sad fools) which I was and still am obsessed with, and inspired by the painting The Garden of Earthly Delights by Bosch - because of this collection by Liz Black. Liz Red reporting: Why would you ever need capes, if you have circular wings?


Two more days, till I'm free!

4 comments:

  1. You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you explore with ideas on the outfit, but it doesn't look like a collection as a whole. Every pieces in the collection should have something in common in order to look like a whole collection. Perhaps you can just focus on a few pieces and develop from there. Just saying. Nice illustration work for a first year student in tp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, retrospectively it does look like you have a point! I guess at that point in time I was just taking inspiration straight from the canvas/painting (Garden of Earthly Delights), which is actually a very big painting with a lot of details so it's entirely possible that some stuff don't seem to link up. Thanks for your comment, I don't get critique all too often so it's good to have it (:

      And by "tp" do you mean Temasek Poly? Haha if so I'm not in it~

      Delete