182 - Friedrich


I've reached Saturation Point. I don't think I can churn out a fall collection (much less get ready for Spring). The above piece is the result of a prompt on Deviantart - to design an oversized coat and fall look. I guess in some sense I took images in my head from Dmitri's recent avant garde piece in Project Runway Season 10, and the MMM x H&M white coat that could rival a goose feathered quilt. Either way, the inspiration just showed itself to me (oracle of my mind, over and out) while I was listening to Dada Life. Bless you, electronic vomit. This is basically a one-color stiff wool-blend  coat with layered ridges and a triangle shaped sleeve (See: Dmitri). The layered ridges are mainly at the shoulders and mid-calf, but there are two layers down the middle at the zip area, but they'll be hidden if the coat is zipped up. It's not fishnet, it's a mesh bodysuit, and a bootie with a clear lucite wedge and dark lucite ridges. 

On another note, I've been scouring for more inspiration, and I stumbled upon these gorgeous artworks by Caspar David Friedrich - they're not as stimulating as The Garden of Earthy Delights, but I think I could squeeze something out of these. I've finding myself increasingly partial to the little fog of clouds in the Wandered Above the Sea of Fog. Cotton wool, ahoy.

(The Giant Mountains, Chalk Cliffs on Rugen, The Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog, all images from Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment