199 - Futur-tasma


"And Beauty is a form of Genius - is higher, indeed, than Genius, as it needs no explanation. It is of the great facts of the world, like sunlight, or spring-time, or the reflection in dark waters of that silver shell we call the moon." - Lord Henry, The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

I want to dye half my hair white, but dyeing it metallic silver is my greatest dream, although I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist, and perhaps because literal silver hair isn't as conventionally "Beauty" as Lord Henry wold like to think. The quickest, driest solution is therefore to buy metallic hairspray, pray hard as little of it gets onto your white blazer, and then wash. Even with long pants, inverted triangle legs will still make their appearance, and while I was sweating it out through the 4 hour dinner, I was cruelly reminded of why I detest long pants. 

I actually made a neckpiece to supposedly go along with the outfit, but I figured the shabby visor and clutch were enough. H&M x MMM sells their candy clutch for $99, so let me make my own for less than $10, and more than a few hours of my time, accompanied by some well loved Two and a Half Men. (I'll do up the DIY post soon) Silver, silver, silver, these Rubi shoes have served me well, and I can still feel remnants of their legacy in my inexplicably numb feet.

On last notes, here's a shoutout to Jueying who got herself a gorgeous River Island dress that looks like a nicely watered down version of any Valentino piece. She won best dressed for the night, and I don't think they could've picked anyone better. An easy, all-rounded Beauty befitting of Lord Henry's words.


Anonymous anonymous.

Photos taken by me, Jazell, Allison, Christiane
Taobao blazer; H&M t-shit; Mango pants; Rubi shoes; DIY visor; DIY clutch

No comments:

Post a Comment