270 - Rad Athleticism


The star of this photo being the (very appropriately Nike, to go with my shoes) ankle guard I borrowed off a friend for my Paris trip. 

Perhaps, implicitly, athletics (and athleticism) has always been a core part of fashion - if you partake in the sector of people who believe in sport shoes and not salads. It remains, however, that it's become a trend - the ubiquitous Korean style of (petite) girls wearing sports shoes with their skater skirts and puffy eyebags; statement neon running shoes; or the athletic over-sized shirts and bombers penetrating the market. (The former of which I succumbed and bought my second piece from the men's department in H&M)

Ankle guards were a far cry... until Versace brought out their menswear S/S 2014 collection. I may just be on the right track in predicting trends. Versace has dictated the most multi-functional and democratic accessory for next season - sports tape. Sprained ankles are no longer a hindrance to sartorial superiority, people. (Side note: I wonder how well heels would go with ankle guards...)




Dubious or ingenious? Million dollar question.

Photo taken by Thalia
Images from Versace Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment