312 - JAAN


One of the most pleasant dining experiences I've had.

Headed by Chef Kirk Westaway, Jaan is still one of my family's favorite spots for a special occasion. It sits on the 70th floor of SwissĂ´tel The Stamford, next to Equinox, but it has a better view of the Marina Bay Sands area. Small, intimate and flooded with natural light, the calming atmosphere is matched only by the food - exquisite and beautiful looking modern French cuisine. 

We went for the 7 course, though I left out photos of the chocolate dessert because I couldn't get a good angle on it, and to be very honest, it felt like an excessively heavy end to an already filling food journey. Nonetheless, the rest of the meal was quite spot-on, with my favorite course probably being the first, of oyster. The heirloom tomato paired with basil sorbet and the rosemary smoked pigeon deserve recognition as well.

An enjoyable meal to mark the end of my summer in Singapore, before I leave for London for summer school this week.


JAAN
Level 70, Equinox Complex 
SwissĂ´tel The Stamford, 2 Stamford Road
Singapore 178882

No comments:

Post a Comment